Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Happy Early Christmas Mom!!

Yesterday Drew's school started their "Christmas Shop" where they have random gifts the kids can purchase for their family. I gave Drew some money and he managed to spend it all and get all his Christmas shopping done in about 10 minutes. 

So last night we spent some time wrapping presents and singing Christmas songs. When we were done Drew took all the gift wrapping supplies and headed to his room to wrap the gifts he bought for me. He wanted to do it alone so I couldn't see. He was in there for about half and hour and I kept asking him what was taking so long. When he came out he had 3 small gifts all wrapped up, and showed me the small round one and told me how difficult it was to wrap and that's what took so long. 

After he got them neatly set up under the tree he asked if I wanted to open one now. Well we're both HORRIBLE at deciding anything, so we went back and forth about the whole thing.. and finally he handed me one and says "Here Mom, open this one. I got you this so it would help you save time in the morning and we won't have to ever be late". 

Hmmm.... What instantly came to my mind was an alarm clock. Seeing that I don't have a clock AT ALL in my bedroom and I use my cellphone alarm to get up in the morning... or if I know I absolutely MUST be up at a certain time, I'll set the alarm clock in the bathroom (yes, I have an alarm clock in the bathroom.. and not even a regular clock in the bedroom). And the box was about the shape of a small one. 

But I was wrong.... very wrong.....  

My little love bug bought me a bagel slicer.... to prevent us from being late in the morning. When I opened it he says "see mom, it makes it easier to cut the bagel, so it saves time" all with a HUGE smile on his face.. he was so proud of himself for buying such a "practical" gift. 

And I kissed him, thanked him, hugged him and told my little man how much I loved him and my great present. 

Only issue.... I only buy or even eat bagels about once a year. 

But it's the thought that counts!!
Happy Early Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. how cute! Maybe he just wants you to start eating better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you will need to buy some bagels now just so you can slice them!!

    What a cutie...so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!