Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thoughts for Thursday

~ Since it's supposed to be slightly warmer here today (about 78 instead of 62) I decided to revert to my old self and wear my sandals to work. I've been in boots (Ugg style) for the last 3 weeks and my toes need a breather. However... it's still chilly in my office so luckily I have my trusty slipper socks here to keep me warm. 


~ The other night Drew wanted to make potatoes for dinner... all by himself... but since I refuse to leave him unattended in the kitchen, I had to hear him tell me that I am PARANOID at least 8 times during his cooking process. I'm sorry if I'm scared to death of him slicing his 7 year old finger off with a peeler.. or afraid he's going to catch on fire while working with HOT oil on the stove. He actually did very well, and the potatoes were great.... however, my hair is officially gray now.
    

~While decorating the house, Drew decided it was a great time for a photo shoot. He posed himself and the dogs in about a million different ways. Then he started using my Krismutts... There were 124 pictures taken that night... But we had a blast!


~Mom's shouldn't have to work.. ever. Just sayin'... 


~While at Wal-mart at noon yesterday, shopping for work supplies, there were at least 200 people there.... umm, I thought we were in a recession, and if people are unemployed and have time to be shopping in the middle of the day, where is all their money coming from? 


~We made a gingerbread house the other night and all the frosting Drew licked off his fingers and candy he managed to sneak in his mouth counted as his dessert for the night... he says next year I need to tell him if that is going to be the rule before we start. Nice try kiddo!


~Being a single mom that never dates means that my legs will be ridiculously hairy all winter long. Until it's time for dresses and shorts, my razors will be getting minimal use... and I'm ok with this. Just means shorter showers =)


4 comments:

  1. Love this post... Its so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what he said about the gingerbread. Already at a young age, he's trying to outlogic you!

    Amen to the winter hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw Mom...no dessert...geez!!!!!
    :O)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!