Wednesday, November 11, 2009

80 at 27

So I've decided that even though I've technically been 
alive for only 27 years,
I am actually about 80... if not older


Over the last 6 years I've realized that my need for sleep is HUGE...
anything less than 8 hours and I'm miserable..
useless.. cranky.. sore.. tired.. and somehow restless.


About 99% of the time, Drew and I are in bed at 8:00pm..
 if not a few minutes before
(yes, both of us... together.. in my bed...that's a whole different blog)


We climb into bed, read a story, then it's time for a little
 "Roseanne" or "Golden Girls" while I tell Drew about 
50 times to close his eyes and go to sleep...


Then around 9:00 I actually fall asleep...
and I'm not up again until 6:00-ish... 
5:50 if I don't hit the snooze button a few times


I love to sleep... 
I love just laying in my nice warm bed
with the best blankets ever watching TV..
I love being lazy...


I highly doubt this is what other 20-something single mothers 
are doing on a daily basis...
but who cares?... not me!!


But what officially makes me 80 instead of 27, 
is the fact that not only do I do this on nights when 
Drew is home.. 
but it's also the same thing I do when he's
at his dad's for the night... 
or for the whole weekend...


80's really not so bad... 
wonder what it'll be like to be 90..




2 comments:

  1. Girl, I love those nights when I snuggle in early and get that much needed rest; HOWEVER, you are young and beautiful and there has to be some nights when you get out and have some fun! If you're not having girl's night out at least a couple of nights a month then START! Again, does that sound like I'm trying to be your Mother, or what?!!! Hugs - k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, girl....you are a single mother in your 20's!!! No wonder you need sleep!

    I wish I could sleep at 8....it's takes me forever to wind down at night....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!