Friday, June 18, 2010

Summer Lovin'

***I acknowledge that it is not officially Summer until June 21st.... However, in my world... Summer begins either A) on Drew's last day of school... or B) the 1st of June, which ever comes first. 


*After closing ceremonies this Saturday, baseball is officially over for Drew. Which leaves us with time to fill... I'm sad to see baseball go, but I welcome our free time to sit around and do nothing.. or head to the BEACH!


*By this time next week we will be in VEGAS!! Yes, this is our Summer vacation (again)... and was completely Drew's idea. I gave him the choice of where he wanted to go for vacation this year, and he chose Vegas, since that's where we went last Summer and we had a blast. This time we're taking friends with us too!


*I have recently been in touch with an old friend from high school. We hadn't spoken in about 8 years and found each other a few weeks ago on Facebook. Our friendship in high school was minimal.. and awkward the 2 years following... but we'll see what happens this time. We have plans to hang out Saturday.... let's hope this wasn't a mistake. 


*While going over the bills for the rest of the month I've come to the realization (that I have every month) that we are BROKE... it seems like every dollar I earn is already allocated to some bill before I even get paid.... yet some how I acquired 3 new dresses, Drew got new shoes & a video game, and I gave into my thrift store addiction last week... Oh, and did I mention we leave for VEGAS in a week?? Where did that money come from?


*The car is in need of a couple repairs. The motor to my power windows decided to go out (right before Summer!!.. Thanks Ford!) and I need new front brakes (just had the rear done 3 weeks ago).... 


*Although the bedroom part of the remodel is pretty much complete, the construction continues... they are now tearing apart my hallway, dining room and living room.... while installing the AC/Heater unit... fun & dirty stuff going on in there. I'm actually getting used to walking in my front door and seeing holes in my walls and tarps thrown all over my furniture.


*I would like to file a complaint with Mother Nature. Like I said, I do get that Summer has not "officially" started.... but, I do live in SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. According to every song, movie, book and sun screen commercial, it is supposed to be in the 80's AT LEAST by now... every day! This 70's weather is just not cutting it. Kick up the heat Mother Nature!! 


*This is the first full week (all 5 days) that I have worked in over a month... and will be the last full week I work for another 3 weeks. This is all due to vacation days, my birthday (which is considered a holiday by my company and ME), and my Gma being in the hospital. After 4th of July, I'm pretty much stuck in the office.... I can feel a few "sick" days coming on already... 


*S'mores, water guns, swimming, the smell of sunscreen, tons of ice cream, and sand under my feet are all in our future! 


****HAPPY SUMMER****

3 comments:

Thanks for stopping by!!