Thursday, May 26, 2011

Dream Big Baby

The other day on the way to school, Drew noticed a restaurant with a 'For Sale' sign. He screamed "Mom, go back! There's a restaurant for sale!!"


This kid is DYING to have his own restaurant. 


And it literally melted my heart to hear his excitement about this building for sale.... because that excitement means he really and truly believes it's THAT simple.


Have mom stop the car, go into the building, hand over that magic plastic card she hides in her wallet, and TA DA... He becomes a 7 year old restaurant owner. 


Oh my baby, I sure wish it was that easy. If I could make it happen.. just like that.. I'd do it in a heart beat. 


We continued our ride to school and I explained to him a few of the reasons why it's just not possible RIGHT NOW. 


    -Mom is poor. Sorry.
    -I don't think 7 meets the legal working age requirement in California.
    -School. Running a business would take A LOT of work... and I need him focused on school      for the next 10 years at least. 


But one day.... Someday... 


And if I have any suggestion at all towards his future establishments location... I suggest the beach... 

2 comments:

  1. Aww...what a sweet darling! Tell him us grownups wish life was that easy too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son wants to invent the cure for cancer.

    And Gluten free cheese-its.

    And smoke bombs.

    It's my job to ensure that someday... he can do all those things. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!