Friday, June 10, 2011

Another Year Older

I thought I'd have issues with turning 29.. turns out I don't. Maybe I'll really feel old at 30. Sure hope not. 


Yesterday was my birthday.. and in true ME style, we hit the beach. 


At first I refused to go. The temperature was only supposed to be 66 degrees.. and I had no desire to freeze on the beach. I hate being cold. But since my family had already scheduled their whole day around it, I gave in and we went. 


It was kind of cold in the morning, but it warmed up nice enough that we really enjoyed our day. 
Drew had a great time playing with his cousins. Usually it's just Drew and I, so any time he can play with the boys he's in heaven. I can't believe these crazy boys actually went into the freezing water.
My mom has made me the same birthday cake for as long as I can remember... Strawberry cake, Cool-Whip frosting, and fresh strawberries... and this year she even brought it to the beach for me. 
It was too windy for candles... but I loved having my favorite people and my favorite cake all at my favorite place.
As always, my favorite part of any day... especially my birthday.. is being with my baby boy, and seeing him smile. 

So here's to the last year of my 20's.... let's hope it's a great one!





2 comments:

  1. Ahh, to be 29 again. :)

    Good thing is nothing changes in your 30's unless you want it to.

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Glad it was so special.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!