Sunday, June 12, 2011

Why I Love My Job

-40 hours a week I have an obligation and responsibility.
-I absolutely dread a ringing phone from 7:30 - 4:00 five days a week.
-I'm expected to be somewhere at 7:30am.
-My paycheck is never large enough.
-When it's nice and sunny outside, I'm stuck inside where I can't even open a window to get fresh air.
-I get bored VERY quickly at work.
-I do not enjoy the daily tasks of my job.
-Worrying about what to bring for lunch each day, or if I have enough money to buy lunch, is exhausting.


These things actually suck... but despite all of it, here are the reasons I LOVE my job:


-I have never missed a single practice or game of my son's, no matter what sport he's played.
-I am able to take my son to every doctors appointment... scheduled or not.
-Every other week there is a decent enough amount of money directly deposited into my bank account.
-I can bring my son to work with me if necessary.
-I have a great benefits package that allows me to stress less about health and dental issues, money for my future, and vacation, sick and personal time that I can take whenever I want to.
-I work with 9 men... and no women (no drama).
-Making it to parent-teacher conferences, awards assemblies, and Christmas performances on time is never an issue. 
-During my interview for this job I made it a point to explain that my son is my priority and the only reason I wanted this job was for the paycheck... and they hired me anyway... and because of that (they said it showed I had a reason to be there everyday).
-I get to spend my day watching movies, reading books and shopping online since there's no actual "work" to be done.
-I can afford to put my son in private school, chess lessons and any sport his heart desires.
-I am home every night in time to have dinner with my son, do his homework with him, play endless rounds of Boogle, and tuck him into bed (next to me).... EVERY night.


I certainly do not enjoy the daily tasks of my job... but I am beyond thankful for the mother that my job allows me to be. 


Some people go to school for years... spend endless time studying.. to pursue a career that fulfills them, a career where they can use their talents and spend their days doing what they love. 


I am so lucky and thankful to have a job that allows me to be Drew's Mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!