Thursday, October 29, 2009

4 INCHES.... YA RIGHT!!

I am an extremely low maintenance chick...


I don't get my nails done anymore . . . 
I don't go the the tanning salon. . . 
My shoe collection consists of about 5 pairs of flip-flops, a pair of tennis shoes, 2 pairs of FAKE Uggs, and a couple pair of slippers. . .
I rarely buy new clothes for my self ( I'd rather buy cute stuff for Drew)... and when I do it's always something cheap from Target or Khols. . . 
and last but not least... I hardly ever get my hair cut. . . 


But there is another reason, besides being low maintenance, for the lack of hair maintenance.... 


I absolutely LOVE having long hair. . . .




Not that I ever actually do anything with it.... it's never really "styled"... rarely do I put the effort into curling it. . . honestly, majority of the time it starts out down and straight, and about 10 minutes later it's pulled half back.... then about an hour later it's all pulled up into a big mess in the back of my head.. or a ponytail. . . because I hate having my hair touch my face... ever . . .


So since it was just getting a bit too long... I decided it was time to trim it... maybe even CUT it a little. . 


Last night I was finally brave enough to go to the butcher  hair stylist. . . BIG MISTAKE!!!! 


I explained my hair issues to her (I've seen the same "hair chick" before about 3 or 4 times) . . and then she pulls up her records and says "it's been 31 weeks since you've last been in"... um, ok.. what does that have to do with anything?... she says the average time between haircuts should be 8 weeks.... 


Well, in my opinion, twice a year is just fine . . . I LOVE my hair long!!!


So I ask her how much she absolutely NEEDS to take off to get rid of the damaged and split ends... 
she says about 3 inches, but she'd like to cut 4 since I go so long between cuts. . . . 4 inches


I agree . . and let her get to work... practically holding my breath the entire time... seriously... 


and when she was done I stood up, grabbed a hand mirror and turned around... 
now I knew I wasn't gonna be happy... trimming my hair at all bothers me, so I was already prepared for disappointment... however; I was not prepared to be shocked. . .





4 inches... does that look like 4 inches to you????

Now I haven't been brave enough to actually measure it. . . until now. . . give me a sec..... 

in my weird, random, ruler down the back of my head, measuring technique... I just came up with about 10 inches.... 10 freakin inches!!!! ok, in her defense my measuring technique may not be 100% accurate, but you get the picture

I now officially have short hair. . . . 
Boo =(


2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness I think it looks absolutely gorgeous!! don't be sad! She did a great job... now your hair looks so healthy from cutting off those dead ends!!

    I know what a shock that can be so I sympathize.. but no worries you are still a hottie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! :(
    it does look beautiful though and so much healthier!!
    your hair is not by any means short though, my hair is short!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!