Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tooth Fairy

Last night I got to be the Tooth Fairy for the first time ever.... 



This stubborn little tooth had been loose for 5 months!!




I knew the thing was ready to fall out any time now... and I was worried that it would fall out the next day at school and I'd miss the whole big event so I told Drew to just pull it out. 

He played with it for awhile.. wiggling it in every direction he could.. and then finally, with a little tug, my baby's first tooth came out. 



He was pretty surprised... didn't really know what to think.. but he was so proud of himself for being the one to pull it out because Mom was already threatening to get the pliers..




Congratulations Drew!!!

And after the tooth was safely placed under his pillow... 
and my baby bear was fast asleep.... 
came the hard part... Tooth Fairy Time!!

Normally it wouldn't be such a big deal, just slip in when the kids asleep and take the tooth and leave some cash.... 
but no... not in our house.
Drew sleeps with our too little chihuahuas Frankie and Brady...
And Brady likes to bark whenever he hears a noise or sees anything or anyone (even ME) at night.
So as soon as he heard me come close to the room, he starts yapping.. LOUD.. 
luckily the little man didn't wake up and I was able to complete the mission.

The tooth fairy left $5.00 for this tooth... Drew was pretty excited... but then asked if he could pull Frankie's teeth out so he can get more money... awww... gotta love how the 6 year old mind works! 





2 comments:

  1. AW!! how cute! drew is such a handsome little guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, my little guy has been asking all sorts of questions about when he is going to lose his first tooth. Since 6 is right around the corner, I suppose it won't be too long.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!