Thursday, February 25, 2010

T-Ball & Chairs . . .

Last night Little Man had his first T-Ball practice...


We have both really been looking forward to this since they initially announced sign ups in December.


Then a couple weeks ago (right after "The Storm") I found out some news that made me LESS excited about the whole T-Ball thing... 
Drew's dad is coaching Drew's team.... BOO!!!!! 


It really isn't a huge issue or anything... 
It's just that for the last 6 years... 365 days a year... 
I have been the Mom.. completely in charge and with full knowledge of EVERYTHING going on in my son's life...
But now with him coaching, he is the one who gets informed about baseball and then has the responsibility to inform me and the rest of the parents.. (which already isn't going very well)


Drew is the one in the red helmet
Practice went ok... and hopefully things will only get better..

I loved watching my little monster hit the ball and run the bases... 
He's just the cutest little thing EVER (it's a fact, seriously, ask Obama)

But I do have two other issues... 


Drew & his uncle Danny

One: It was FREEZING out there.. brrrr!!!! 
and I do NOT do cold very well AT ALL... 

Two: The "coach" made his girlfriend the Team Mom..... 
(umm.. shouldn't you have to BE a MOM in order to be the team Mom??)
That's a whole different issue.. which for once I have chosen to just ignore.. instead of doing paperwork, bugging parents for money and being at every game early and staying late, I have the luxury of just being a Mom... showing up on time with my son, watching him play ball, then taking him home right after.... 

So now that T-ball has officially started, I am officially BUSY... 
with practices during the week, games every weekend and all the fund raising activities, we are BUSY.
But in a very good way... 

**In other news...

about a month ago, I saw this adorable wooden blue chair at the thrift store that I had to have.
When I first saw it I loved it, but I couldn't figure out where I would put it in our house, so I passed it up and moved on with my shopping...



About a week later I went back to the same shop and my little lovely chair was still there..,
So I knew it was meant to be, paid for her and brought her home.

I put the chair on my front porch since I still had no clue of where else I should put it.

After about a week I decided I liked my lovely new porch chair...
the only problem was that I now needed one for Drew (I can't sit out there all alone..)

Lucky for us we found a mini lovely chair at another thrift store a few days later...

Now I'm ok with them being different colors.. I like the contrast... 
However, the munchkin has other plans for HIS chair...

brace yourself..... 

Drew wants to paint MY his lovely chair RED. . .

Not happing buddy... Not on my watch... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!