Monday, February 15, 2010

Lovely Weekend...

Such a good weekend with the love of my life... 


They say "Every day should be Valentine's day if you really love someone"... 
and I agree.. and am lucky enough to spend (practically) every day with the love of my life...


Saturday we got up bright and early to do something this little munchkin has been begging to do for over a year (ok, anyone that says I give this kid everything he wants is crazy..., it took a year of begging for me to break down and do this one)....


We went fishing.... 



We went to a local park that has a lake that's stocked with fish every week so I figured our chances would be pretty good... 


Now fishing or anything outdoorsy besides the beach just isn't my thing AT ALL... 
But Drew being the professional fisherman that he is (he's fished once with his dad about 6 months ago)...
decided he would take charge and handle it all. 

This kid is NOT the most patient child in the world... waiting just isn't fun when you're 6 (or 27 if you ask me)..  so he would throw his line out there, wait about 10 seconds, and reel it back in and do it again... over and over and over again.. for 3 hours straight.



Needless to say, we didn't catch anything... but we had a good time... 
Unfortunately for me Drew want's go back there again... probably more than once..

Sunday was Valentine's Day and I got to spend the morning with my 2 loves....

 
Drew and the Beach

It was such a beautiful day in Balboa... 
I absolutely LOVE the beach.. and after all the yucky rain and wind we've been having, it was the perfect place to be!



Now the weather was beautiful.. sunny and warm... 
the water, however; wasn't so nice.. it was freezing. 
But not to Drew.. that kid kept running in and out of there.. 
chasing waves and pretending he was a water bender (way too much of that Avatar cartoon in our house)... 

We went to the marina for lunch... and took a trip through the museum.... 

Our Valentine's dinner plans did not go as planned at all... but I promised Drew I'd make it up to him real soon (FYI: John's Incredible Pizza is the busiest place on Earth on Valentine's day).

Hope you all had a LOVELY weekend.... 
XOXO

2 comments:

  1. O how fun is that. My kids LOVE to go fishing too. And i see a Spiderman pole :)- Lol

    Thanks for your comment. I almost had a heart-attack when i saw it in my email, because "DREWS MOM" is capitalized. I thought my kids did something wrong at school. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a perfect day with your adorable little man!!
    i love the photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!