Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Dear Hasbro,

Dear Hasbro,


We are a serious Board Game playin' family. At least three times a week we spend an hour or so playing which ever random game my son pulls off the shelf. We have monthly game nights with extended members of our family too. Over the last few years we've acquired quite the collection and are eager to buy every new game that comes out. 


And here's where my dilemma.... and frustration begin. A few months ago we started seeing advertisements for your new U-Build games. They looked cool and were a different version of some of our current favorites, so I thought they would make the perfect gift for my sons seventh birthday. I purchased the U-Build versions of Monopoly and Connect 4 to start with. And I made the mistake of suggesting we start with Connect 4 on the night of his birthday. 


BIG MISTAKE!! I am aware of the name U-BUILD.. which clearly implies there will be some building involved.... HOWEVER, I did not know I would need a freakin' Lego construction license to build the stinkin' game! Seriously the building process for CONNECT 4 (one of the simplest games EVER) was insane! 
And once it was completed it just wasn't all that fun anymore. Who wants to go through all that WORK to play a GAME?? Not me.... and not my sweet kiddo either! Lucky for you I couldn't find my receipt, otherwise that game would have gone straight back after the first 2 hours of work!

Our next attempt at the U-Build drama will be Monopoly... which LOOKS a lot simpler to assemble, and for all involved I sure hope it is.

Please do everyone a favor and stick to PRE-ASSEMBLED games.

Never-Building-AGAIN,

Drew's Mom

1 comment:

  1. Thanks. I was seeriously considering buying that. But I can just imagine on week two losing some of the legos and then there goes the game. Good old fashioned board games. Somethings you just can't improve on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!