Thursday, April 21, 2011

Some People Collect Coins... I Collect Dogs

Ok, so technically I don't COLLECT them...
But I sure do love them. In my life time I've had my fair share of dogs. But just in the last 5 years we've had 5 dogs in our home (not at the same time).

Then there are the attempted adoption dogs... dogs I acquired but was unable to keep (dang landlord (Grandpa).

Then there are the hundreds of dogs I've attempted to rescue from the side of the road... or right in front of my office.

For the last 2 years we've had these two loves:
Brady
(excuse the horrible picture)

Frankie J
(aka: Franklin Joseph Jackson III)

Brady was purchased at my son's insistent need for a Chihuahua (thank the Beverly Hills Chihuahua movie for that.) Frankie was found out in front of my office by the mailbox and instantly stole my heart. He is my little love bug.... 

So after attempting to add hundreds of dogs to our "collection" over the years, the landlords finally caved and not only ALLOWED our newest addition, but my grandma actually picked him out and paid for him. 

Truth of the story is: Grandma and I were at the California Poppy Festival on Saturday and the local Humane Society was there with a bunch of dogs. My grandma saw this little cutie and fell in love. She knows there is no way my grandpa would let HER have another dog (they have 5)... so she settled for the next best thing: having him live next door at MY house. 

She calls him "Grandma's Baby"... Drew calls him "ROCKY"

So far Rocky fits in good with my other little boys. It's been an adjustment, but he really is a good dog.. and just so stinking cute.

But the story doesn't end there..... 

Today at work, a gentleman came into my office with a puppy. He said he found him out in the road and wanted to know if he belonged to any of us. I instantly took the puppy from him and and said "No, he wasn't mine, but he is NOW." .... 

Meet Presley:


There is no way in the world I can take another dog home... at least not so soon. So I'm on a mission to find him a home ASAP. Poor thing. He's been sleeping in my lap in the office all day. Bet you can imagine how much work I've gotten done today... 

Guess my collection will be put on hold for a little while.

3 comments:

  1. One is cuter than the next. Wow. But yeah, 4 dogs, 1 lil' boy, a full time job - and yeah - that's tough.

    I stay home and have a hard time with a dachshund and a Cheseapeake. Then again that darn Chessie IS worth 6 of her. giggle.

    I wish we lived closer. I bet I could get Pressley a forever home with a new brother and sister. :) [with us!]

    Try Craigslist, with a pic' and an rehome fee [not too high to be a deterent, but high enough no one takes him for nefarious reasons.] That's where we rescued Scoobers from.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh darlin'.

    I will collect many things... but another thing to take care of... no way. :)

    God love ya. I could never do it.

    I can barely keep the kids alive... and oh yeah, we have a cat around here somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love dogs too. If I could I would have a ton of the little critters hanging around, but for now two will do :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!