Tuesday, September 15, 2009

21 Choices

So the munchkin and I have been working on his reading and spelling a lot lately. Every night we go through a series of flash cards and when he gets one right he gets to put a marble in the jar (either the spelling or reading one, whichever we're working on at the moment). As an incentive to get him more excited about the process, I promised him a prize when he filled up either jar. Well, last night he filled the reading jar and was rewarded with a special ice cream treat.
Drew had never been to 21 Choices before, and other than my trip with SKGJ last week, it had been a LONG time since I'd been there myself, so off we went. And he was in love.... so many choices for the child who loves making choices. As he's looking through all the toppings trying to carefully make his selection, I asked the lady (out of my random curiosity) and she tells me there are about 100 choices.... ok, so they might need to look into changing their name. Finally the munchkin decides on strawberry yogurt with circus animal cookies and marshmallows, and I opted for vanilla bean with a twinkie (YUM!!!).

 We decided to walk around for a bit while we ate. And when we sat down to take a break, the little man just can't resist dancing. There was no music, it was so quiet out there, but that didn't stop my little munchkin. I swear I could watch this kid dance all day. He cracks me up. His attempt at the Thriller dance really had me rolling. Not sure how much longer the Michael Jackson phase is going to last. Once again it was another great simple night... spent with the love of my life. 
xoxo

(ok, so I still haven't really gotten the hang of the whole blogging thing, so the pictures are out of order... but you get the idea =)





3 comments:

  1. Congrats to the cutie puh-tootie.

    Thank you for coming by my blog and joining. I hope you come by often and leave lots of message cuz' that's how I get to know you.

    Cheri
    Its So Very Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drew is a cutie and it looks like to me you're getting the hang of this blog thing pretty well! Thanks for stopping by my site and deciding to sign up to follow my journey. I too will follow yours. As Cheri said, leave me comments, I love them and can get to know you that way. Happy Blogging - Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your son is adorable! Boy will he be a heart breaker!

    Thanks for stopping by my site. I am brand spanking new to blogging too. It's fun though, isn't it? Keep stopping by, and I'll do the same :)

    Tell the munchkin good job and keep up that reading!

    -Erin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!