Monday, September 21, 2009

The Weekend

This past weekend was another one of the long and horrible weekends... the weekend when the munchkin is at his dads. I kept pretty busy Saturday with shopping with Mom and lunch with the family for (the best) Grandma's birthday, then "watching" the fight (chatting with my Aunts & cousins) at my aunt's house.



But then Sunday came along. After waking up and playing with the little monster (Brady) I had absolutely nothing else to do that day. Of course I could have cleaned the house, organized the 800 miscellaneous papers laying on the dining room table, or finished painting the kitchen... but who wants to do that on a Sunday (or any day for that matter)? So I did a little cleaning, then headed out to some thrift stores to find some apron inspiration and who knows what else. I hadn't been in a thrift store in so long.... and man have I been missing out! I found about 4 or 5 dressers that I could refinish for Drew's room, about 6 bookshelves that I have to have, and a few old aprons to add to the collection along with 2 pillowcases to get started on my pillow case aprons. 
 And later that afternoon I went on a "Mommy Date" and took myself to the movies to watch Love Happens then did a little (unnecessary) shopping. I hate the weekends when the munchkins isn't home, but I some how manage to enjoy some "Me Time" also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!