Thursday, September 24, 2009

Congrats Munchkin Man




Another Proud Mama Moment... my little munchkin received the Student of the Month award for his first month in the first grade. I am SOOO proud of my baby boy. So far Drew is doing very well in first grade (a lot less emotional than kindergarten was). The only issue we have is that he might be a little too advanced for the class he's in. He completes every assignment unassisted and ahead of the class, he's already read every book they have in the class "library" (twice), and is getting pretty bored with the work he's given since it's all stuff he already knows. Unfortunately his school doesn't offer the GATE program until the 3rd grade, so I'm going to have to see what else I can do to continue to stimulate and challenge his little mind.

Congratulations My Sunshine... 



2 comments:

  1. What a cutie! You must be so proud. Happy almost Friday = ) Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....that's great! What a cutie! He looks so proud!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!