Monday, March 1, 2010

Hello March

The year is coming along....
slowly but surely.....


I am looking forward to the time change...
can't wait to be outside at 5:00pm and still see the sun...


I am also looking forward to winter officially being over...
Hopefully this Spring will be a warm one.. NO MORE RAIN!!


This weekend was a pretty calm one for us... 
almost seemed like we were back to normal... almost...


Saturday morning we got up WAY too early...
I guess that's what I get for putting the munchkin to bed so early Friday night.


Drew wanted to make breakfast, which we hardly ever do.. so we hit the kitchen..
(and unfortunately I didn't take a single picture all weekend... I suck, I know... )


Drew decided to make "Panchalidas"... his word for breakfast enchiladas... 
Rock on my future chef.... 


and after breakfast we headed out to do some shopping, run errands and hit Lowe's for their Build & Grow workshop so he could make a cute little car-robot-transforming-thingy....


And for the first time in a LOOONG time, we were home by 1:00pm and didn't leave the house the rest of the day...


We spent the rest of the afternoon with Drew playing way too much Madden on the Wii


While I cleaned up a little, did some laundry, and worked on some on-going sewing projects ( it is seriously going to take me a year to make a rag rug...)


Sunday we knew we were working on a weird schedule (thanks to Father of the Year wanting to borrow Drew for a friends birthday party in the middle of the day)...
After breakfast we went out to shop for a boy thing.... yep, a BOY thing..... 



Thanks to baseball, Drew needed a cup....
the first store we tried didn't have his itty bitty size...

and lucky for Drew, the next store just happened to be right next to Chuck E. Cheese...(did you know CEC opens at 8am on Sundays??.. wtf??)... so we went in to play a few games....

But our CEC just remodeled and had a bunch of cool new games, so we ended up staying for awhile....long enough for FOTY to decide to just pick Drew up from CEC.... 

After the kiddo was gone, I decided to do a little Mommy Shopping.... 
However; I completely SUCKED at Mommy Shopping this weekend....

Other than a new set of bed sheets (which I was already planning to buy since they went on sale), I didn't buy myself a single new thing... Boo for me!

Luckily, the munchkin was returned safely to me a little earlier than expected (which is EXTREMELY rare... the early part, not the safe part).... 
So we headed next door to Grandma & Grandpa's house and hung out with a couple aunts, uncles and the grandparents for awhile (forcing them all to buy raffle tickets for baseball)... 
then spent a quiet night at home, making dinner together, playing Madden..... again.... playing around on my freshly made bed with the new bed sheets, and playing Battleship....

Oh, and also, trying to figure out the whole 'wearing of the cup' deal.... 
I'm not a man.... 
I not at all familiar with the 'wearing of the cup'.....
But I handed it to Drew and told him to just give it a try and move it around until it felt ok..

It took a bit of maneuvering... TONS of giggling... and laughs by Mama... 
but he finally got comfortable.. and refused to take the thing off until bed time.. 

It was a good weekend... 
I'm thankful for our time together... and for our normally chaotic life... 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!