Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Baking Like Betty


After registering Drew for private school last week, AKA: The Day I Drained My Savings Account..... I was left pretty much poor for the weekend... more like 2 weeks, but lets just stick to the weekend for now. And since Drew was at his dad's for the weekend I decided to just suck it up and try to keep me & my wallet in the house and avoid the spending temptations. This only worked mildly... but a little is better than none I suppose..... Sunday after briefly giving into the shopping temptation, I decided to do some baking. I wanted to make pumpkin bread since it's my favorite, but for the life of me could not find any pumpkin mix at the store. So I decided on a simple white bread. I have made this once previously, years ago.


It came out good. A little too much flour on the outside of one.... but on the inside this stuff was great. So moist and soft. Pretty sure I ate almost half a loaf that day, and gave the other half to my grandma to try, since I ended up having to go next door and borrow some flour from her during the baking process.


This morning I went to have another piece, and it's not so moist in the middle anymore. I'm not sure what the shelf life of homemade bread is (it's stored in a ziploc container). 


Hopefully I can find some pumpkin soon and get started on making the good stuff. 

3 comments:

  1. Baking bread always helps me when I need to be busy with something....I bet your house smelled amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing like homemade bread. I like it when I have time to do it. School is almost in session..so guess what I will have.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!