Monday, August 16, 2010

A Day At The Fair



This weekend Little Man and I spent a day at the OC Fair. The original plan was to go the the beach... but since we were out by the pool the day before and Sunday was the last day of the fair, I decided it was Fair Time. 


Less than 5 minutes into our day and he had to rest (and massage) his feet. This was the first of many stops at the "Footsie Wootsie" machines. 

 

Drew is not normally a fan of rides at the fair. This is probably the 2nd time he's ever ridden anything there... if you can count going down the slide as a "ride". His favorite thing there is always the games. This kids could spend ALL day (and all my money) playing every single game there.... even if they're next to impossible for kids to win. So I kinda pushed him to play the games that guarantee a prize... not a fan of seeing my baby disappointed.  



This year there was an exhibit hosted by Lunchables. Drew NEVER wants to do this kind of thing, but this year he was all for it. We waited in one of the longest lines ever... in the HEAT... and he was so excited to climb, and he made it all the way to the top. Maybe someone is actually growing up... but I'm not ready for that so let's just ignore it for the next 20 years. 


We walked around for awhile looking at all the animals... had a little lunch (some how I managed to leave the fair without eating a single FRIED food... WOW, that never happens, and I seriously regret it.... ) Drew rode the little tractors... and posed for 100 pictures (my little cheese cowboy).. and we watched the pig races which he loved. 

I may have missed out on some fried food goodness.... but I made up for it with a yummy funnel cake.... 
sure wish I would have taken an "after" picture because Drew was covered in powdered sugar and had a whip cream mustache. This kid has a thing for junk food just like Mommy. 

It was a good day. It was pretty hot, but not too bad. But Drew says we can skip the LA fair that's coming in a couple weeks. Guess he had enough Fair for one year.



1 comment:

  1. Looks like loads of fun!!! I think those slides would be my favorite...oh and that cake too. Thanks for sharing your fun day with us~ Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!