Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thoughts for Thursday

-My mom is coming into town today and bringing my 2 nephews. The boys will be spending the night with Drew and I and my mom will keep all 3 boys tomorrow while I'm at work. This means I must be prepared for forced sharing, tears, LOUD boys, swimming, tons of laughing, endless pictures... and the rare opportunity to enjoy my 3 favorite boys. 


-The house is a disaster due to the remodel and my lack of a desire to clean... however, when my mom inevitably asks why my house is a mess, I fully intend to blame the construction guys (her dad & brother). 


-It's official, Drew will be starting private school on Monday and I have mixed emotions about this one. It's a non-religious and totally untraditional school... but my little man is up for the change.. so I'm going to have to force myself to be ready to.


-Having the "what if we'd done things differently" conversation with Drew's dad always leaves me feeling a bit sad and uneasy.... but after yesterdays "wonder what things would be like if we got together now" conversation, my heart hurts. Sensitive subject on every level possible.... 


-I haven't seen my nephews since Mother's Day... and they only live an hour and a half away... I am officially the worst aunt EVER.... sorry boys. 


-I want a laundry fairy. I swear that stuff is just endless. Wear, wash, dry, fold, put away...REPEAT


-Bored while at work is a HUGE understatement. I have gone through my collection of books at home..TWICE.. and keep buying new ones to read when I work. I know that right now this is a good problem to have.... but boredom and I are a bad combination.


-Drew has gone to the same daycare for the last 5 and a half years.... and today will be his last day there. We're going to miss some of these teachers and kids.... Have I mentioned that I HATE change?


-I have absolutely no idea of what type of job I would actually LIKE to have. No clue. However, for reasons I won't go into... I know I would be a GREAT private investigator. If your husband is cheating, or has 5 illegitimate kids you don't know about, I can find out VERY easily and quickly. If your mom used to be an exotic dancer or you want to find your birth parents, I can find all that info too. I told you boredom and I are a bad combination. 


-I've decided to hold of on getting my tubes tied. Not because I plan to have more kids... but because becoming a private school mama is going to drain every cent we have... and it looks like my insurance doesn't cover as much as I thought they did. 

2 comments:

  1. My mom was a private school mama! Good Choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time with family! It is nice to spend time with them. I am sorry about the conversation with your ex. That must have been very hard. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!