Monday, September 13, 2010

Birthday Project

In 38 days I will be the mother of a 7 year old.... 


7 years... 


When I think about how fast these last 7 years have gone, I really hate calendars and clocks... I blame them for stealing my baby... and sticking my with a 7 year old... I love my (almost) 7 year old... but I miss my baby. 


The planning for this little mans birthday started back in April.... yep, I'm a bit psycho when it comes to his birthday (aka: The BEST Day EVER!!)


And this weekend I added a new feature to his birthday process.... a way for us to countdown to The BEST Day EVER... 



Drew's Birthday Countdown Calendar



We always enjoy using advent calendars to countdown to Christmas, so I wanted to do the same for his birthday. I had a very hard time finding this box... but it was so worth it. And I spent some time Saturday afternoon decorating it and making all pretty for my little monster. There are 25 little drawers that slide out so I can add small toys, candy or anything else I find to give Drew a little treat each day as we countdown to The BEST Day EVER. 

He's so excited to use it... but we've got another 13 days to wait before the countdown begins. 


We also went shopping for piñatas.... because we're going with a football/Miami Dolphins theme we're having a bit of trouble finding something he likes and that is a good size. So far I've only been able to find small football shaped ones (about 18" long). This weekend we found a place that custom makes them for you in any shape..... Drew chose to get a football PLAYER made... so this should be interesting. Can't wait to see how it turns out. 

4 comments:

  1. how adorable is this?!? I have thought about this at Christmas time but I don't think it would have even crossed my mind for birthdays. Too cute anyway

    ReplyDelete
  2. AW! I love how you use an advent calendar for a birthday! That is sooo fun! The party ideas sound awesome and I know its going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great mom you are. If I did that my kids birthday countdowns would overlap and then we would go bonkers! But how cute! Too bad we can't make them work backwards and hold them to their young age forever...or at least a little longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny! I had the exact same feelings when my baby turned seven a couple weeks ago. It was the hardest birthday of all for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!