Friday, September 24, 2010

Finally Friday

1. I lost my budgeting challenge of the week... Drew had baseball practice last night at 4:30 and on my way to pick him up from school (after rushing home from work to pick up his clothes that I forgot to bring in the morning) I realized that I didn't have his cup and in our league it is mandatory that all kids have a cup on, even at practice. So at 4:02 I'm rushing to the sporting goods store to buy another cup. But at least we made it to practice at exactly 4:30 completely prepared... until I realized his cleats were at his dad's. 


2. Yesterday was picture day at Drew's school. When I asked him where they took the pictures at he said "We took our LONELY ones outside and the other one inside"... excuse me? Your what? "Our LONELY ones Mom, the ones we take by ourselves". He cracks me up with his innocence. 


3. Last night after practice we decided to go to our favorite spaghetti restaurant for dinner (ya I know I wasn't supposed to be spending money, but after already breaking that rule, it was all down hill...). When we were practically through with our meal Drew tells me he needs to use the restroom... NOW. So I pass our waitress on the way to the restroom and hand her my card and tell her we'll be right back and ask if she can leave a to-go container on the table. When we come back she stops us right before the table and says "I'm sorry they just cleared your table... but don't worry, I put in a duplicate order of your meals and they're packing it to-go right now." So we ended up getting another order completely free! Kinda makes up for spending a little extra... right?


4. It's supposed to be 90 degrees at the beach on Sunday... and I am SUPER excited. This will probably be our last beach trip (warm weather, swimming  -we'll go when it's cold too, but mostly for bon fires) of the year. For once I am actually looking forward to the Fall weather.. but my heart will always belong to Summer and I'm glad we'll have one more weekend to soak it all in. 


5. After already having spent about $3,000 this year alone at the dentist (and about $5,200 last year) on top of the $1,500 my insurance covers, I've pretty much decided I just need dentures. There's still about $28,000 worth of work they want to do in my mouth.. are you freaking kidding me?? And a full set of dentures would only be like $3,500. 28 isn't too young for dentures.... right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!