Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Who Are You When I'm Not Looking

This song came on the radio yesterday as I was on my way to pick up Drew, and it made me think.... 




Who Are You When I'm Not Looking
By: Blake Shelton


My oh my, you're so good-looking 
Hold yourself together like a pair of bookends 
But I've not tasted all your cooking 
Who are you when I'm not looking? 

Do you pour a little something on the rocks? 
Slide down the hallway in your socks? 
When you undress, do you leave a path? 
Then sink to your nose in a bubble bath? 

My oh my, you're so good-looking 
Hold yourself together like a pair of bookends 
But I've not tasted all your cooking 
Who are you when I'm not looking? 

I wanna know 
I wanna know 
I wanna know 

Do you break things when you get mad? 
Eat a box of chocolates 'cause you're feelin' bad? 
Do you paint your toes 'cause you bite your nails? 
Call up momma when all else fails? 

Who are you when I'm not around? 
When the door is locked and the shades are down? 
Do you listen to your music quietly? 
And when it feels just right, are you thinkin' of me? 

I wanna know 
I wanna know 
I wanna know 

My oh my, you're so good-looking 
But who are you when I'm not looking?



It made me think about my Drew... and who he is when I'm not around. Is he still my sweet little angel? Is he dancing around to any and every song that comes on, the way he does at home? Is he constantly making up jokes and funny stories? Does everyone at school or at his dad's house get to see MY Drew.. the kid that I get the pleasure of seeing every day?


And it made me think of other people.... Do I get to see the REAL them when we're together? Are there things they won't do around me that they do when they're alone or with others?
Who are they when I'm not looking?....



2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard this yet, but I love Blake Shelton. Off to go find this song. Interesting thought behind it, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we don't really know people like we think we do sometimes. I think we think we know them but if were all honest most people dont put themselves completely out there you know? Thanks for making me think. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!