Friday, September 23, 2011

In The News

Family news that is...

-Drew is still missing his top two front teeth. They fell out in February and have refused to come back in since. This irritates me to no end...

-He now has a loose bottom tooth and I told him there's no way he's pulling it out until one of the other teeth come back in... I can not have a toothless kid!  (I can almost guarantee that tooth will be out before the weekends over.... )

-I have TMJ... and have had it for about a year. It sucks and there is no technical cure for it.... Lovely!

-We have ZERO plans for the weekend and I couldn't be more excited about that. October, November and December will be complete chaos, so I intend to enjoy this carefree weekend to the fullest.

-This morning in the car, Drew decides we should each list our strengths and weaknesses... he's 7 and I have no clue where he comes up with this stuff. He listed "being single" as one of his strengths... I burst out laughing... He is definitely Mama's Boy

-I drive a Ford Focus. Nothing overly spectacular, but a great little car for us. Great on gas and I haven't had any major issues with it. However.... when I'm on a thrift store shopping spree, I often have to remind myself that we do not own a truck. In the last week I have had the thrift store employees force 3 large objects into that poor car... a Gazelle (exercise equipment), a HUGE dog house (for my 2 tiny chihuahuas), and a desk. All three were done separately... and when I got them home I had an awful time trying to figure out how to get them out of my car....

-I have watched 17 hours of tv shows (Love me some Hulu), read 4 books, watched 2 movies and played endless games online this week at work. Yes, it's a tad slow here.... boredom is very boring. But getting paid for it does make it kind of worth it.

-Drew has had a hard time deciding whether he wants an Ipod or an Xbox for his birthday. Well last night he came up with a solution. He says he'll take an Ipod for his birthday and just ask Santa for an Xbox for Christmas. I couldn't help but laugh.... This poor kid has no idea that after buying his birthday present, "Santa" will be BROKE when Christmas comes around. Last year he asked Santa to give all of his presents to the homeless.... guess this year he's feeling a little less charitable... poor me.

-Today is the first day of Fall.... normally I am not a fan, but this year I'm kind of looking forward to it. (remind me of this when the temperatures start dropping... )

1 comment:

  1. I also live in car denial.

    I still need to figure out a way to get drywall into my station wagon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!