Thursday, May 6, 2010

This - That - and The Other

Nothing specific to post, so here goes some rambling... 


Just realized we Drew only has 9 baseball games left. June 10th will be the last one... while baseball has been a whole new experience for us, some times draining and always fun, it's going to be a bittersweet ending. 
                    
And before baseball even ends, Drew will start pop warner football... TACKLE football... my itty bitty 36 lb. 6 year old will be playing tackle football. Practices start June 3rd and games begin in September. This kid is so anxious to start.... This Mom is TERRIFIED! He skinned his knee at baseball practice last night and he acted like the world was over and refused to continue practice because he was in too much pain... How in the world does he intend to survive and enjoy TACKLE football??
This is my "baseball daughter" Sabrina. Her older sister plays on Drew's team,and I keep an eye on her while her Dad helps out on the field.

As for the house remodel... Well from the slow pace of things, it's safe to say it's going to be a LONG summer.... it'll be two weeks tomorrow since the project started... and my room still looks like this:



Don't get me wrong.. I am SUPER thankful for the unrequested upgrades... and I understand that we're working around my uncle's actual job schedule... but Drew and I are getting a little tired of living completely in the living room. Since his bedroom became my new closet.. and there are boxes and drawers scattered all around the house, we're pretty much confined to the living room, the kitchen, and half of our dinning room table. Just hope the bathroom, living room, hall and dining room go a little quicker... 


Drew has a little over 2 weeks left of school, and then he will officially be a 2nd grader.... not sure how I feel about that yet, but apparently it doesn't seem to matter and I don't get a vote on whether or not my baby keeps growing up.... 


Also, I have begun making plans for Drew's 7th birthday..... in October.. ok, so I know it's a tad early.. but that's me... over prepared for anything Drew-related. He wants a Miami Dolphins/Michael Jackson themed party.... this should be interesting.. I intend to have a plastic MJ as the ref on his football cake =) 


I think that's about it for this week..... 
Happy early Mother's Day to all you Mommies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!