Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Meanest Mom Ever

So far I've kind of sucked in the Mom-Department this week. 


Of course Drew loved me on Monday when we had our great Valentine's date... but yesterday and today... not so much.


Monday and Tuesday I asked Drew to do his homework during the after school session since I knew we had our date on Monday and basketball practice on Tuesday. I hardly ever let him do homework there since I'd rather do it with him, but both nights I knew we'd be super busy. Since he does the homework with his teacher there I knew it was complete and didn't bother to check it. 


Yesterday Drew mentioned needing a shoe box for school. His teacher hadn't said anything to me and he didn't have a note about it so I said we'd talk to the teacher today and find out what's going on. When I dropped him off this morning I asked about the shoe box. She said "yes, he needs one, it's due today....." and gives me this look like "hmmm.. thought you were Super Mom...." so I said, "oh well I didn't see a note or anything about it so I didn't know. Sorry we didn't bring one." To which she replied "I wrote a message on the front of the homework packet... didn't you read it?"


Drew just looked at me with his "I told you so " face..... way to go Super Mom.


And last night was the worst (in his opinion).
First I made him go to basketball practice even though he had a headache. I told him if he truly wasn't feeling good he could just sit and watch. But as soon as the coach handed him a ball he ran out on the court. He came to sit with me for a minute, but the second his dad walked in he was back out there. Freaking daddy's boy.... 


And then we come to the loose tooth issue. Drew's top tooth has been loose for the last few day.. and just getting looser each day. I tried to pull it out over the weekend, but he refused and was literally in tears, so I just left it. But when his dad say how loose it was at practice he told Drew is was dangerous to play with it like that in case it fell out and Drew choked on it. He told Drew that if we didn't get it out that night then he was going to pull it out himself the next day when Drew came over. So last night we were on a mission to get it out. Drew tried for a little bit, but it wasn't working. And every time I went to touch it he cried.... seriously.. my little drama king. Once I pulled on it and that kid screamed so loud.. and then threw up. WTF?? 
He is beyond drama some times... so I let him try again on his own... but after 20 minutes, tons of tears and way too much arguing...I just had to do it myself. There was absolutely no blood.. but it was a bit tough to yank it out. That kid threw up again... 3 more times!!! 


He does not handle stress well at all.
After all I had to go through to get that stinking tooth out, I felt the tooth fairy owed ME some money!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry...Sometimes we all have those days. Hang in there. Your a great Mom!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!