Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Not A Fan Of Buttercream

Saying I have a sweet tooth is an understatement. 


Desert is mandatory in our house. Ice cream is often an acceptable breakfast food. Granola bars are only consumed if covered in chocolate. 


So this weekend when a friend and I stumbled upon a new cupcake shop I was in heaven... and my wallet was in tears. 

Some how I managed to narrow my selection down to six of these beauties. Oh yummm.... my mouth was watering just looking at these. The flavors I chose were: Stawberry Cheesecake, Oreo Cookie, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Hot Fudge Sundae, Mint & Chip and Animal Cookie. 

It took everything in me not to shove one in my face on my way to pick up Drew. But I wanted to surprise him with the full selection. Of course he was super happy at what I brought him.... but declined my offer to dig into one... saying his belly was full. And honestly mine was too.... 

This should have raised a red flag right then. Something was wrong. We had a box of yummy cupcakes and we weren't even going to taste them??

That night we finally gave in and tried the Mint & Chip which is my absolute favorite flavor of ice cream. 

I was disappointed. Cake part was good.. nice and moist. Frosting however, no thanks. I shouldn't have been surprised.. I've known for years that I'm not a buttercream girl. But I was still disappointed.. I wanted to love these cupcakes!!

So we tried another one:

The animal cookie one was just adorable!! But again.. buttercream. Of course Drew loved them both and would have gladly eaten them all. My tastebuds were not happy..... so I had to simply settle for just eating the cake part. 

Next time I buy cupcakes I'm asking about the frosting first. I'm clearly a whipped cream or cheesecake frosting kind of girl. 

And just because my puppy is too adorable.... 
This is how you will find Mr. Franklin Joseph Jackson the third... every morning while I'm getting ready for work. Nice and cozy in my bed!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!