Monday, July 26, 2010

Living on Love

It was another long weekend spent missing my baby boy.... 


and when I called him yesterday he was proud to announce that his 2nd tooth fell out that morning... I was happy that he was excited about it, but sad for myself that I missed it, and that I wouldn't be playing tooth-fairy that night... I just hope his dad doesn't have a problem handing that precious little tooth over to me when I pick Drew up today. 


I had a lot of cleaning planned for the weekend... but only got about half done. My motivation to clean was just non-existent. I can't wait for the living room to finally get it's makeover so I can take EVERYTHING out of that room and start over fresh. 


I did manage to run some necessary errands and add to Drew's ever growing wardrobe... my little man is growing.. slowly but surely, he's growing.... and it was time to replace some of those itty bitty clothes I keep trying to hold on to. Drew will be 7 in a couple months and most of his shirts were size 4 or 5 and his shorts were size 3 or 4... he can wear most size 6 shirts now and his shorts are a 5 or 6 if they have that elastic button thingy on the inside to shrink the waist... because this kid has the tiniest waist EVER. While putting away some of his laundry that I had just washed, I checked the size of his pajama shorts.... one pair was a size 18 MONTHS.... and he had just worn them 3 days ago!! They were kinda short on him, but fit his waist perfectly.... 


Yesterday I went to lunch with 2 of my girlfriends and their kids..... one of the women has a 3 year old son, and the other has a 9 month old and an 18 month old.... let's just say lunch was very eventful and LOUD... luckily we were at my uncle's restaurant... but I still felt bad for the other customers. Watching these women deal with their kids made me realize even more that I need to get my tubes tied ASAP.


I called my sister last night to catch up with her since we haven't really talked in the last 2 weeks which is strange for us since we usually talk practically every other day. After listening to her catch me up on whats going on in their VERY CHAOTIC lives, I realized why we haven't talked. She's too busy to even breathe.... and hearing about all their chaos always makes me anxious, nervous, paranoid and exhausted. My sister has my 2 nephews, a step daughter, a husband, 3 dogs... and a pig (that's a whole separate story), and they are all very active and busy people. Between work, school, sports, raising the pig, vacations, and summer activities.... they've now decided they need to buy another house (they already own 2). During the conversation I explained to my sister how overwhelmed I felt....literally, by just hearing all that's going on in her life, so she decided to diagnose me (since she's going to nursing school) with anxiety and paranoia. It does make sense for a lot of reasons, so I'm thinking about seeing my doctor soon to see what he thinks about it.....  

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you still had a productive weekend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...so sweet that he lost a tooth! Sounds like a good weekend. I know you miss your sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it crazy how clothing sizes can be so different!

    It sounds like you had a very busy weekend!! I bet lunch was crazy loud and fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!