Tuesday, July 6, 2010

10 Years

With my 10 year high school reunion coming up (which I will not be going to, by choice), I kinda started doing a little reminiscing ... and thought I'd share a few things.... 


It's been 10 years since.. 


I said good-bye to the halls, classrooms, and quads filled with friends.


I left behind the football field where I spent endless nights cheering for our Tigers.


I passed notes from one friend to the next.. even using a secret mail man from time to time for those super secret notes *48*.


He was waiting for me....next to the planter where he would pick the yellow daisies to hand me.


I snuck out of class... or just skipped class all together, to eat breakfast at Sammy's or lunch at Spike's.


It's been 10 years.... 


The choice not to go to the reunion is completely mine... the location isn't too far and the cost isn't too high... financially.... but emotionally, it's just not something I can afford. 


The night of my graduation I cried like crazy through the entire ceremony. I was so sad to see it all end... and scared to death of what would come next. But I got through it, and life went on. What I thought would be the best years of my life, instantly fell short the moment I became a mother. Life went on... literally. 
But I'm not ready to go back.... I'm not ready relive parts of the past... not like that. 


There are a few people I still talk to from high school... very few... and thanks to Facebook I've pretty much caught up on who married whom, and how many kids so-and-so has, and all that stuff... 


For multiple reasons, I'm afraid to go back.
This is true of most of my past..... 


So I will go forward... 
Drew and I will go out that night and celebrate... 


I had a blast in high school... absolutely loved it... can't believe it's been 10 years... but I'll always be a Tiger... and a proud part of the Class of 2000.

2 comments:

  1. Be brave! Those halls will fill you with mixed emotions and memories. Just enjoy the night and have some fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I pretty much see the good, bad, and ugly from highschool on facebook, so theres no need to go to a reunion. The people that I choose to keep in contact with from highschool I can call or see anytime, so I don't really need to go to a reunion.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!