Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Mr. Sensitive

I finally got my little man back home with me last night. I missed his little but like crazy! Here's a little recap of our slightly eventful evening.... 


-I hugged, kissed and cuddled my munchkin like crazy as soon as I picked him up, and was excited to see the ever-growing gap in his mouth since he lost his 2nd tooth while camping with his dad this weekend. 




-Over the weekend I cleaned up an old bike that my uncle had given Drew and got it ready for him to ride when he got home. I also added a set of training wheels so this can be the bike he learns on before I buy him a new one for his birthday. Apparently my skill level with tools is pretty minimal.... I thought I'd done a good job (even though there were some how a couple extra pieces when I was done), so Drew starts riding it around and all the sudden one training wheel falls off... and I see a trail of nuts and bolts behind it... OOOPS... Drew was a bit afraid of the bike after that, but I put it back together and he tried again for a little while.   *We're taking a trip to the bike store tonight and I think I'm bringing the old one to let a professional put the wheels on right


-Drew told me the following riddle/joke:  (he told me this one before on the way home from Vegas, but it had me laughing so much last night, I had to share)


           *There are 5 fish, 1 drowns. How many fish are left?






               - 5, fish don't drown.  Hahahaha.... he cracks me up =)




-And last but certainly not least... we were watching America's Got Talent last night while we were in bed. It was just about over and they had the last 2 acts up on stage waiting to decide who was being eliminated. They asked the first contestant why he should stay, and he began to give his speech and became a little emotional. 


I made the comment of "oh please, why is he getting all dramatic?".... and I look to my right, and Drew is in tears. WHAT??? I'm very confused at this point. So I ask him what happened and why he's crying. He won't answer me. (Now this kid has a huge habit of refusing to explain why he cries) so I got frustrated and told him to go to his room until he was ready to explain. And when he came back a few minutes later, he had me in tears with his explanation. Drew said he felt sad for the guy... that he had traveled all that way (the guy never even said anything about TRAVELING) and what if he loses then the man would be so upset....awww... my sweet boy. So he's crying and I'm crying because he was just so sweet and caring. 

2 comments:

  1. I have the worst luck with kids' bikes. I tried to fill up the tires, and naturally blow up both inner tubes. Like you, off to the bike shop I went...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no...the nuts & bolts came loose :(
    Good thing to let the professionals handle it...that's what i would have done! Shopping however...that's something us girls can NEVER do wrong :)-

    What a sweet boy you have to cry for the man that got sent home.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!