Wednesday, March 16, 2011

With The Help of the Dolphins.. Kinda

My little Drew is not a fan of sleeping in his own room in his own bed. This event has only happened about 3 times in his entire 7 year old life. 


I am also not a fan of him sleeping in his own room in his own bed. He belongs in my room in OUR bed. 


However.... 
Recently his middle of the night somersaults have gotten completely out of hand. Neither of us is getting much sleep, and that is totally unacceptable. Sleep is a HUGE necessity in my life. 


So I decided it was time. Like it or not, that kid needed to be in his own bed.
Last night after his shower I announced he would be sleeping in his own bed that night. After all, wasn't that the reason I bought him his Miami Dolphins comforter? 
The tears started. He flat out refused. 


So the dogs and I piled into his bed with him. I told Drew I would lay with him until he fell asleep, then I was out of there, but he could keep the dogs. His reply, "we'll see about that..." 5 minutes later he was asleep. (Thank you basketball practice for wearing him out!)




At 8:23 I was in my own bed.. all alone. I was not happy. Just like Drew needs to cuddle with me to fall asleep... I need him to cuddle with before I can fall asleep! In the past I've gone into his room and picked his sleeping body up and gently placed him into my bed at this point.... but not this time. (This time I just went in and snuck some pictures.) Eventually I must have fallen asleep... alone.


Until about 2:00am when Drew got up to use the restroom... and I discovered I wasn't actually alone. The dogs were both on top of my bed and barking at Drew. When Drew finished in the restroom, he climbed right into MY bed. 


But at 2 in the morning I couldn't care less. All I cared about at that moment was getting back to sleep


So he may not have slept the WHOLE night in his bed... but at least he started out there. 

Baby steps... 

Maybe once his Miami Dolphins sheets and pillows come in, it'll do the trick! Here's to hoping.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!