Friday, March 5, 2010

Learning to Sew

Last night while Drew was playing Madden...


... AGAIN.....


I decided to sew a few more rows onto my rag rug...


Of course once Drew sees me doing this, he decides he wants to sew too.
He wanted to sew the rug with me, but since the layers are so thick I didn't think it was a great idea, so we grabbed two loose strands of fabric and decided to let him sew them together.


He was going good.. neither of us got poked... 
but once I showed him how he had sewn the 2 pieces together and they weren't going to come apart, he asked what we were going to do with them.. ( I was planning to just remove the thread and use them later on the rug... umm.. not so much..)


Drew decided he would make himself a hat out of it... so he kept sewing a little more... 


Drew's Hat... 
He put the hat on and was very impressed with his work.. 
He says "Mom remember one of the Lakers wears one like this?"... 

Ummm.. ya babe.. of course Mommy remembers...

Modeling his new head ware... 


The show off had to be in the picture of my rug-in-progress.... 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!