Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The New Wednesday...

Between the ages of 19 and 21
practically all of my Wednesdays meant one thing...


Mr. Garcia


Wednesdays meant carefree, reckless, passionate, dangerous, silly, and fulfilling days and nights...
Wednesday meant semi-drama, "working" late, hotels, kisses, urgency and lots of water...


Between the ages of 21 and 23
Wednesday blended in as just another day of the week in the beginning... 
but by age 23 Wednesday became about one of my least favorite things...


Sharing


Sharing Drew...


Wednesday Drew's dad got off work early so it became the day he would pick Drew up and keep him over night... at this point, I resented Wednesdays... 
Wednesdays became nights of tears, sadness, and an empty spot in my our bad... 


Then between age 23 and 26
Wednesday began to revolve around Mr. Garcia again... 


Since Drew was gone every Wednesday, it just became our night again... 
strange coincidence...
But this time around things were slightly different.... 


Wednesdays included dinners, American Idol, Taye Diggs, what-ifs, the YL house, trips to Wal-mart laughs, sewing.... (this list could go on forever... )


And now at age 27
Wednesday nights have changed once again... 


Drew now owns my Wednesdays....
Drew and Little League... 


My Wednesday nights are now spent at the ball park watching my son practice baseball.
Running for the ball, batting, stretching, and catching... 


Drew still goes home with his Dad on Wednesday nights....
and I go home to my empty bed... 


But I like these Wednesdays....


I get more time with my son..
More time to watch him grow... watch him laugh and smile... 


Thank you Little League for giving me half of my Wednesdays back.

1 comment:

  1. I know how these go. My son's father actually gets him every week and we alternate which days it is. When I don't have him I miss him terribly. When I first had the booty, my days revolved around him. I was a stay at home mom for the first 6 months of his life. And it killed me not having him with me all the time. It was an adjustment to make when his dad started taking him for the weekend.

    Just keep looking at the positive sides of everything... It will all work the way it is supposed to :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!