Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Randomness

Nothing major to report... 
So we'll just do a little catch up...
and throw in some random "facts" for fun... 


Last Thursday we had Game Night at our house again...
we were short a few guests, but still had a blast with Megan & Enrique.

This time we played Scrabble JR., Twister, Ker-plunk and Sorry.


And had funnel cake for dessert... yummy way to end a fun filled night. 

*FYI, melting Reese's cups in the microwave for a minute is NOT a great idea, thanks for the lesson Meg =)


**That night I learned that Twister requires months of yoga in order to prepare you for the crazy positions your body will end up in.


**Who in the world doesn't like strawberries? I have never heard of such a person until my crazy little cousin Meg makes the announcement that she in fact, does not care for strawberries.. How completely un-American... I'm calling Obama to have her deported to a strawberry hating country.... sheesh!!


Saturday my little monster had a baseball game and a play date with 2 boys he's known since they were all 2 years old... 
it was a long afternoon, but the boys had a blast... and I suck because I didn't take a single picture of the 3 of them... 


And Saturday night I was supposed to have a .... well, ... something.. (not sure what to call it).. with my on going "male friend"... but at the last minute I canceled, and decided I'd rather make lemon bread with the munchkin and have dinner with our neighbors/in-laws...


**This lemon bread recipe called for the peel of the lemon, but no juice.. I thought that was pretty strange, but just went with it. Turned out good.. but not lemony enough for me. 


**That night I was reminded of how everyone parents differently... I don't like it, but I am (kinda sorta not really) working on accepting it... 


Sunday was such a good day.... 
well, aside from the fact that my allergies were killing me ALL day... 


After the cable man showed up at 7:55am to fix the cable... 
Drew and I went out front to sweep & clean up the porch and drive way.
When we finished, he decided to ride his bike... which he's ridden about 3 times in 2 years... obviously, he's not gonna be a biker boy... 


and again I suck, because I didn't take a single picture of the rare event, but I'm ok with that because I was too busy enjoying my son.... 


that afternoon we took the 2 crazy dogs to the park... 
and while walking around the lake, checking out the ducks and turtles, we came across an egg.. 
Not sure if it's a duck or goose egg... but it was cool to see... 
unfortunately, it was cracked a little, so I doubt whatever is inside will survive.... 

and that night, I went for round 2 with the lemon bread... 
this time I added some of the lemon juice which really helped the flavor... score 1 point for me!!

Sunday night I also came across something that made me smile from ear to ear and also melted my heart just a bit.... 
It's kinda hard to tell in the picture... but after I had shampooed our carpets last week, some how there's this tiny little foot print now on my carpet..... 
Right next to our chair in the living room, is a footprint stain from Drew.... 
and I LOVE it... 

It was a great weekend... and so far the week is starting off well.


1 comment:

  1. We love game night too. It really brings everyone all together and never disappoints. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!