Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Baseball, Bike Ride & Sickness

Once again, our weekend started out pretty great. 


We went to Lowe's Saturday morning for their Build & Grow program so Drew could build a little wooden baseball stadium. Any chance for him to hammer a nail and he's happy. And of course with his current baseball obsession he was glad to build a stadium. 


Then we went to his little league game. 
Drew is totally loving baseball. Maybe a little too much though, because if we get there before his dad and the other coaches, then Drew starts ordering the kids around and acting like "Coach Drew".

After his game that day I was so excited to take him to his first MLB game. One of my vendors at work (my super favorite trucking company SSI... thanks Bruce!!) gave me 2 tickets to the Angels vs. A's game that Saturday night. 

  

We had a blast!!! Great seats, great game! Drew was a little bummed that he didn't catch a fly ball.. but he got cotton candy and a foam finger, so he was pretty satisfied. And we're already making plans to go to another game. 

That was just about the extent of our fun time... 
Sunday morning I woke up and just didn't feel right... 
 But Drew wanted to go to the park, so off we went for a little bike ride.

  
Hopefully he's ready to take those training wheel off soon... 

Then we went grocery shopping and headed home. As soon as I got home, I knew I was sick. I'm pretty sure I've got some version of the flu. 
So I spent the remainder of the day on the couch.

Usually Drew would have been bummed and wanted to go to his dad's, but Sunday he got to spend hours playing the Wii which he NEVER gets to do (I know, I know.. he shouldn't get to spend the day in front of the TV just because I'm sick.. but he did, so deal with it)

     
Drew was also a great little nurse that day.. 
he was feeling my head between games to make sure I didn't have a fever, telling the dogs not to jump on me, and making sure I took my medicine. 

It was a long afternoon... but we got through it. 

I'm still sick.. but I'm alive... can't complain. 

My little diva making me smile last night... 


5 comments:

  1. Looks like a great weekend! I love the picture at the baseball game

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you are feeling better soon!
    great pics of the little guy! he is so handsome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweetie he is...hope you feel better soon~

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is adorable. i am glad you are alive and hopefully feeling better soon. I love baseball and I am sooo glad that my hubbs is finally playing again...

    ReplyDelete
  5. being sick sucks as a mom! love the wii though! its fun to play with the kids!
    send the link to the post you did last year on writing a letter to yourself..i'd like to read! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!