Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Half Birthday & Morning Madness

Today my monster is officially 6 1/2....
and yes, we celebrate half birthdays in our house.. 


So last night he asked if we could stop and get him a donut before school today since it's his half birthday, and of course I agreed. 
Then when I woke him up this morning, sang Happy Half Birthday.., and told him he had to get ready so we would have time to get a donut today, he says "that's it? a donut?.. I thought you would give me something special?"
WTH?? I was giving him what he had asked for... and that still wasn't enough. He's sure got the whole "being a man" thing down already... 


So he got up and was dressed in record time. Normally he drags out the getting dressed ordeal for as long as possible each morning.. however, since he knew the NON-SPECIAL donut was waiting, he was dressed quicker than Superman. 


After which the morning madness continued... 


While Drew was in the bathroom brushing his teeth, and I was in my room attempting to get pretty for the day, I heard a splash... and no faucet... I knew exactly what it was.. 
Thanks to the spilling of an entire bottle of mouth wash, our bathroom now smells like bubble gum.. and my bath mats are a shade of pink...


While I attempt to clean up that mess, I tell Drew to go put a sweater on. 
I'm on my hands & knees soaking up the pink mess when he yells "Mom come see this" so off I go out to the hall on my way to his room.... and see a beetle on the floor. So I tell Drew to get rid of it, and I go back to the bubblegum smelling mess. 


Now I must admit, I am fully aware of my monsters fear of bugs... but he's 6 1/2 now.. time to suck it up and be the man of the house, and get the creature out. He took about 10 minutes... following the bug around.. trying to lure him on the a piece of toilet paper so he wouldn't have to touch him.. finally he smashed the bug with his shoe... 


Not only does Drew have a fear of bugs.. but also hates being dirty.. in any way.. so now he needed to wash his shoe before he could go to school since the bottom had "green beetle blood" on it.. I swear this little diva is so dramatic some times... 


I'm already exhausted by 6 1/2... but it's time to start planning for his 7th birthday.. yes, his birthday isn't till October... but what kind of overly obsessive mother would I be if I didn't start planning  6 months in advance? 
Drew & his cousin Monique at Saturdays game

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!!