Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Boob Police

Back in my high school days I clearly remember my father being the Outfit Police. I doubt there was a day that went by that he wasn't telling me to cover something up. And there were 2 factors that were working hard against him and his mission to keep his daughter fully clothed:
 1. I was a cheerleader. The super short skirt just comes with the job. There was no way around that one. 
 2. My ever growing chest. Which I inherited from HIS side of the family... so really he was to blame. I was a C cup at age 13.... and they kept growing. Enough said.


Every tank top or V-neck shirt exposed some sort of cleavage. Now they weren't just hanging out there... but there was always some minimal exposure going on. 


And to this day, not much has changed in that department. Except my dad is no longer inspecting my outfits and demanding I wear a jacket every morning. 


Nope.. now it's my 7 year old son. 


Before I go further let me explain something. Our household consists solely of Drew and I... and our little chihuahuas. And privacy is pretty much non-existent. It's just never been an issue. He gets undressed in his room before going to take a shower and will come walking into the living room naked to ask me a question along the way. When I'm getting ready for work my bedroom door is wide open. We're a pretty freely-naked-around-the-house kind of family. 


Lately Drew has made it his personal mission to keep his mommy's boobies out of sight. If I bend down to kiss him he'll stop me and pull at my shirt and say "Mom cover your boobies!!" Just the other day I was standing in just my jeans and a bra getting ready to go out and he comes in my room and says "Mom you need to buy a bigger bra. I can see your boobs." I just laughed and explained to him that this was actually a brand new bra I bought 2 weeks ago and that's how it's supposed to fit. 


Looks like my son is NOT a boob man. He wants them covered up and put away. Sure hope he gets past this phase before summer hits. I'll be wearing a wet suit instead of a bathing suit to the beach!! Lol



This mornings candid photo session

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!