Monday, January 3, 2011

Starting Fresh

Good Bye 2010... and Hello 2011


We ended 2010 on a very calm note. We ended it in a way that is so totally us.... without changing a thing. We spent the afternoon bowling with friends, went to dinner at Red Robin, played a few board games and went to sleep by 10:00. And I wouldn't have had it any other way. 


2010 was a good year for us. Nothing incredibly amazing... started off on a shaky note... but progressed well and ended well. We enjoyed 2010 but are looking forward to enjoying 2011 as well. 


Since we ended the year in a very normal every day fashion, I figured we should start the new year the same way. So January first was spent shopping, seeing a movie, and hanging out at home playing the Wii. Just the two of us.. enjoying our day and each other. 


Sunday we took a trip out to Pasadena with some friends to see the floats from the parade. We really didn't watch much of the parade on Saturday so it was good to get a chance to see the floats. Even though it was freezing, and started raining as we were leaving. 


Drew and I don't have any resolutions for the new year. We talked about it and just decided to be better people. Our behavior will be better. Drew will be more respectful, and I will be more patient. Drew will ask for less, and I will shop less. We will also work on our independence from each other. 


We welcome 2011 and all it has to offer. In all honesty, I'm hoping for a year with as little change as possible. I like the familiar and love the predictable. I fear change and drama. 



1 comment:

  1. Our New Years was pretty low key too! I am fine with that. I hope 2011 brings you many blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!