Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Stop and Hug The Kiddo

This morning we were rushing to get out of the house on time. I woke up later than I would have liked to, and Drew had zero desire to get out of bed. In between trying to blow dry my hair and get dressed, I finally managed to get Drew out of bed. Carrying him to the restroom was required. 


Drew had a SERIOUS case of the lazies this morning and took FOREVER to get himself dressed... even stopping for a few minutes to check the players stats on his Miami Dolphins Calendar (priorities, you know). 


While I was attempting to get dressed in my room, I noticed him wandering around the kitchen and I yelled to him to make sure he got the dogs fed. Without saying a word, Drew walked into my bedroom and I started freaking out. I began saying things like "didn't I tell you to feed the dogs? Buddy come on, you're killing me, we're going to be late." 


And Drew just walked up to me and hugged me.... 


Without a word.. or even a look.. Just a hug.


Of course I was caught of guard a little, and was still panicking about being late, but I just hugged him back then knelt down and asked him what was wrong. To which he replied:


"Nothing Mom. I just love you.... oh, and I already fed the dogs."


No matter how late I might be, there will ALWAYS be time for moments like these.  

2 comments:

  1. It is fun to watch you experience these moments.

    You are so right for a hug and a kiss.

    I have kids that are out of the house [living on their own] but when they come home they still kiss us both goodnight. Doesn't matter - the gang kisses and hugs both Mom and Dad.

    It never changes - and it is one of the best parts of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww i love moments like those! kids always seem to find the perfect moments to catch us off guard and remind us just what life is all about :) makes me want to go snuggle my little ones!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!