Monday, January 31, 2011

I'd Rather Lie on a Bed of Nails

Saturday night  Drew and I sat in front of the computer trying to plan an outing for the next day. He's never been to Knott's Berry Farm or Universal Studios, so I figured we could go to one of those theme parks.

I figured wrong.

Drew had no desire to go to Knott's after looking at their website. He says their rides all look to scary. (Yes, he is a Disneyland FOREVER kind of kid) He said we could go to Universal Studios, but only to go on the Simpson's ride.. and then leave. I refused that request for 2 reasons: 1. I hate the Simpson's (he gets to watch it at his dad's) and 2. I'm not spending $150 for us to spend 5 minutes in a theme park. No thanks.

So we agreed on going to the Discovery Science Center... which we go to about once a year anyway.

They have a lot of neat hands-on science stuff to do there. Drew was absolutely amazed with this smoke cloud making thingy. 




He got to fly a little airplane around.


They have these little chairs where you have to use a rope to pull yourself up. Each chair makes it harder and harder for you to pull, but the kids were all still able to do it. Drew must have done this one about 3 times.

There is an earthquake simulator that I thought was pretty cool.... Drew thought it sucked...my little scaredy-cat.

But Drew's absolute favorite thing there was the bed of nails.
Thousands of long nails poking him in the back and the bootie were the highlight if his day. 

We went back to this exhibit at least three times. And on the third time I finally gave into the begging and tried it myself (I've actually done it before on a previous visit, but Drew didn't remember seeing me, so he insisted I do it again.)

All in all we had a good day. This place is a lot closer to home than either of the theme parks... and it only cost me $23 bucks. It was a win win situation... oh, and it ended up raining that day anyway so the theme parks would have sucked. 

Maybe in a few weeks I can convince my kid to give Knott's a try. I know he'd love it once we got there. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!