Friday, January 21, 2011

Vacation.. With a Contingency Plan...

A few months ago Drew and I began talking about our next vacation. For the last 2 years we've gone to Vegas for our vacation (his choice.. seriously). So this year I decided we'd go to San Diego. He's been wanting to go to Lego Land so I figured San Diego would be perfect. He'll get to enjoy a new amusement park... we'll go to the wild animal park..  and I'll get to enjoy the San Diego beaches. 


However... this vacation plan came with a contingency plan: If the Miami Dolphins play in San Diego against the Chargers this season, we'll go to the game instead of our vacation. 


OK, not necessarily instead of... just that in that case our vacation would then be scheduled around the game instead of late August as planned. And we'd probably skip the wild animal park and stay at a cheaper hotel since we'll be paying over $200 to see the game. 


Well as of yesterday afternoon it's become official... the Dolphins play the Charges in San Diego this next season, so my little man will be going to his first NFL game!! I honestly have no desire to see the game... but I am SUPER anxious to see the look on my babies face while he watches HIS Dolphins.. live and in person!


However... this plan also comes with an un-official contingency plan: Drew loves the Dolphins because his Daddy loves the Dolphins. It's THEIR team.... so I'm sure his dad would LOVE to take him to see the game. 


His dad and I haven't talked about any of this yet so nothings official. And the NFL schedule isn't up yet so I don't even know exactly when the game is. So we're still in "wait and see" mode. If worse comes to worse, I may just be going on vacation alone this year..... 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lego land would be so fun!!! I can't wait for our next vacay...I need one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!